Location: London - hybrid remote (1-2 days per week in our London based office)
Closing date: 15th November 2023
Salary: £50,000- £60,000 DOE
PinkNews is the world’s largest and most influential LGBTQ+ led media brand engaging with over 150 million users each month. Our multi-award-winning content leads the cultural zeitgeist and is created through a uniquely inclusive lens. We are growing fast, in 2023 we ranked 48th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private companies in the UK, and we want you to join our team!
The Executive Producer reports into the Head of Video and will be a great communicator and collaborator as well as being confident, with lots of creative ideas and industry knowledge. You’ll be working cross-departmentally with our editorial, video, social, commercial and events teams. As a natural leader you will provide motivation and support to the video team, line managing and mentoring team members. This role will work on shifts across the week and weekends, working a maximum of 1 in 4 weekends.
As PinkNews expands on to new platforms and into new territories our content, products and services will deepen our relationship with the tens of millions of people who engage with our content every month, as well as establishing relationships with a whole new audience — and our video content is central to our mission to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves.
- Commission, oversee publish video content for PinkNews' owned and operated channels including, but not limited to Snapchat, TikTok, Youtube, Instagram and Facebook.
- Provide direct line management of team members, taking an active role in their development and progression.
- Lead on the production of creative and video concepts across all of PinkNews' channels including scriptwriting, editing and producing content.
- Be proactive in leading group learning sessions, upskilling and knowledge sharing across the team.
- Working with the Head of Video, develop and implement a video content and production strategy across all PinkNews platforms.
- Provide day-to-day management of the producers; resource planning, delegating, assigning tasks, reviewing work, providing feedback on edits.
- Oversee up to 5 Snapchat shows, ensuring their success and proactively identifying areas of opportunity.
- Liaise with external partners, influencers and other contacts, including PinkNews third party partners, to ensure PinkNews is optimising content and increasing brand visibility and reach.
- Generate ideas and deliver branded content campaigns for external partners.
- Monitor and track performance and trends to provide suggestions and insight into what content is resonating with our audience.
- Prioritise relevant content creation and platform management against identified PinkNews business goals.
- Film and edit video content using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Ensure all material used is copyright cleared or the correct permissions have been sought.
- Be an inspiring leader and support the development of our production team.
- Innovate our video output ensuring we are staying at the forefront of video journalism and storytelling.
- Communicate with lawyers regarding any legal issues regarding pieces of work.
- Be the final line of responsibility for a piece of content before publishing.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably within publishing/ journalism
- In-depth understanding of how online video works
- Expert media law knowledge
- Expert scripting
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects skills, desirable
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Experience of line managing and supporting the development of junior team members
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based incentives.
- Opportunity to work with an award-winning, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Be part of a growing media brand with global influence.
- Career growth potential as the partnerships team and company expand.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace.
- 35 days annual leave per year
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 24/7 access to mental health support
- Instant access to regular counselling & therapy sessions, booked directly through Slack
- Unlimited access to our well-being and mental health resource centre
- Instant access to independent financial, legal and other advice for you and your family members
- Funded training and development opportunities
- Fully funded socials, activities and away days
- Monthly team awards
- Progressive workplace policies including Transitioning At Work
- Commitment to hybrid and flexible working
- Macbook, home office equipment
- Mental Health First Aiders (training available)
Currently, we work on the following shift patterns:
Weekday Shifts: Mid (09:00 - 17:30) / Late (12:30 - 21:00). 1 in every 3/4 weeks is a late shift.
Weekend Shift: 10:00-18:30 / 1 in every 4 weekends
What to do next:
Click apply and send your application through to us and we will get back to you as soon as we can. If you don’t think you meet all the criteria but you’re interested in the role and want to find out more, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
PinkNews is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to be your authentic self at work.
As the leading LGBTQ+ media brand, we want to use our platform to amplify voices and represent our diverse audience.